28 Neb. cops suspended for watching videos on duty
Chief also will make the officers retake their oaths
Lincoln Journal Star
LINCOLN, Neb. — Almost 9 percent of Lincoln's police force will be suspended without pay for watching videos instead of patrolling or doing other work, Police Chief Tom Casady said Wednesday.
The five sergeants and 23 officers - who were working the department's third shift in the late night and early morning hours -face between one and 10 days of suspension, depending on their involvement, the chief said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic