Texas chief jokingly warns cell phones will be destroyed
The chief warned drivers that officers would 'smash the cell phone' of someone caught driving and texting
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — Strait-laced Police Chief Greg Allen has a mean streak or a humorous side, depending on your perspective.
Allen's menacing voice could be heard on the radio Thursday, promising that his officers would smash the cell phone of anyone caught talking and driving.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house