The road ahead for San Francisco's new Chief
Greg Suhr takes over as the "culture" of the department is being heavily questioned
By C.W. Nevius
The San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — With the appointment of Greg Suhr as police chief, the old boy network gets a mulligan.
Let's see them make the most of it.
There's no question Suhr can do this. His support among the men and women in blue came through loud and clear at Mayor Ed Lee's public swearing-in conference. They applauded, they whooped, and they whistled. There were two standing ovations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: The road ahead for San Francisco's new Chief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests