Texas chief's philosophy: Shuffle top officers every two years
Police Chief Troy Riggs reassigns top cops to "cultivate fresh perspectives and diverse leaders"
By Steven Alford
Corpus Christi Caller-Times
One of Police Chief Troy Riggs' first actions after taking over in fall 2009 was shuffling top ranked officers and placing them in new units.
Now more reorganizations are coming.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman