Miami police chief fights to stop firing
City Manager Johnny Martinez appointed an interim chief
MIAMI — The police chief of Miami is fighting back one day after his suspension by suing to bar two city commissioners from voting on his termination, The Miami Herald is reporting.
Police Chief Miguel Exposito was suspended Tuesday by City Manager Johnny Tomas Martinez. The move came months after Exposito wrote federal officials alleging that Mayor Regalado attempted to meddle in a video-gaming raid, according to the Herald.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Miami police chief fights to stop firing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help