Witness: Tenn. chief knew of sex, drug misconduct
Detective, assistant chief described a hostile work climate
By Todd South
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Recent court testimony indicates that an East Tennessee police chief knew of allegations of statutory rape and drug abuse against some of his officers in 2008 but did not launch a direct investigation into the claims.
The officers later were arrested, fired and pleaded guilty to sex acts with teenage girls.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman