Sheriff backed triple-homicide suspect's early release
Letter to parole board from prior jail term stated 'I have come to see Adam as a very trustworthy man.'
By Natalie Neysa Alund
NEWPORT, Tenn. — Almost one year ago, the sheriff of Cocke County touted the early release of an inmate serving time for a triple stabbing.
Under the law, felon Adam L. Edwards was eligible for early release from his six-year prison sentence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help