Sheriff backed triple-homicide suspect's early release
Letter to parole board from prior jail term stated 'I have come to see Adam as a very trustworthy man.'
By Natalie Neysa Alund
NEWPORT, Tenn. — Almost one year ago, the sheriff of Cocke County touted the early release of an inmate serving time for a triple stabbing.
Under the law, felon Adam L. Edwards was eligible for early release from his six-year prison sentence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house