Chicago's top cop hails decline in murder rate
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said his strategies are beginning to drive down shootings and slayings
By Frain Main and Fran Spielman
CHICAGO — Chicago's murder total for July was the third-lowest since 1987 — a major turnabout from the first three months of the year when homicides skyrocketed, police officials said Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago's top cop hails decline in murder rate
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds