Officers notified of new chief via YouTube video
Video uploaded under account for the city of McKinney, Texas
MCKINNEY, Texas – On Friday, McKinney city officials announced that Police Chief Doug Kowalski was reassigned to another position effective immediately.
City spokeswoman Anna Clark confirmed the reassignment and said that Joe Williams, the deputy city manager, would be the department’s new chief.
McKinney police learned the news through an unlisted YouTube video sent by the city manager’s office. In it, City Manager Jason Gray sits at a desk and announces the decision and Kowalski’s replacement. The video is dated Oct. 5 and was uploaded by the city’s account.
Full Story: McKinney police chief suddenly reassigned
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help