Reluctant thief with hungry family gets pizza
Police chief said he tried robbing a pizza place, then began crying and said he just needed to feed his family
HELENA, Mont. — A man who apparently summoned the courage to rob a Montana pizza restaurant changed his mind as the clerk started to hand him money, broke down crying and ended up leaving with a pizza to feed his hungry family.
Helena Police Chief Troy McGee says just after midnight Monday, a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a bandanna on his face entered a Papa John's restaurant and handed the clerk a note demanding money.
The cashier started to comply, but then the man started crying and said he was just trying to provide for his family.
The clerk offered to make a pizza and some chicken wings. The man waited while the food was cooked, then left on foot.
A Papa John's manager declined to comment.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman