Sheriff: Gunman killed officers after interview at his home
Santa Cruz police detectives spent about 20 minutes interviewing Jeremy Goulet before he ambushed them, shooting and killing them before they could call for help
By Stephen Baxter
Santa Cruz Sentinel
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. — Santa Cruz police detectives spent about 20 minutes interviewing Jeremy Goulet before he ambushed them, shooting and killing them before they could call for help, Santa Cruz County Sheriff Phil Wowak said Thursday.
Goulet, who had a plane ticket and passport in his possession, was under investigation for a break-in and alleged sexual assault of a former co-worker. He's also being investigated by the Sheriff's Office in connection with a sexual assault of a child, adding to an already lengthy list of sexual and violence-related arrests stemming back more than a decade, not all of which the Santa Cruz detectives were aware of at the time.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court