Ohio chief alleges retaliation by city
Chief John McGuire has been on paid medical leave since July 2012, the result of an on-duty injury sustained in a motor vehicle acciden
By Allison Wingate
Fostoria Review Times
FOSTORIA, Ohio — Fostoria Police Chief John McGuire has alleged city officials are retaliating against him for filing a worker's compensation claim by failing to resolve issues concerning his pay.
McGuire has been on paid medical leave since July 2012, the result of an on-duty injury sustained in a motor vehicle accident. Fostoria Police Capt. Patrick Brooks has been handling the department's administrative duties during his absence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio chief alleges retaliation by city
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic