Pa. police chief nearly run down by ATV
The chief has released surveillance video of the two vehicles hoping that someone will identify the suspects, who threatened to run him down
FAYETTE COUNTY, Pa. — A local police officer was almost hit by an ATV and he says it was no accident. The Masontown Police chief released surveillance video after he says two people on ATVs came after him in an alley behind the police station.
Chief Joseph Ryan said he heard a loud noise as he was walking into the department around 11:20 a.m. Monday, so he walked back outside. That’s when the ATV came speeding toward him. The man on it was yelling that he would run the chief down.
Ryan was in full uniform, so it was clear that he was an officer. He says he’s not sure why he was a target.
Full Story: ATV Drivers Almost Run Down Local Police Chief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds