N.C. police chief dragged from car
His foot was run over before he was knocked to the pavement and the vehicle took off
By Kathi Keys
RAMSEUR, N.C. — "The Lord was looking out for me" is how Ramseur Police Chief Larry Lewallen described escaping serious injury on Saturday.
"It could have been much worse."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. police chief dragged from car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help