Slain W.Va. sheriff's widow sworn in as interim sheriff
She'll serve at least through the remainder of his term, determined to fulfill his commitment to fight prescription drug abuse
By Susan Candiotti, Ross Levitt and Greg Botelho
Williamson, West Virginia — As she grieves, Rosie Crum is being called upon to lead.
Rather than having dinner with her husband, Walter E. "Eugene" Crum, she spent Thursday night mourning his violent death and taking over the job he held as sheriff of Mingo County, West Virginia.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform