Utah Police chief shoots self in arm during training
His injuries were non life-threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery
By Bubba Brown
NORTH OGDEN, Utah — North Ogden Police Chief Kevin Warren is expected to make a full recovery after apparently accidentally shooting himself in the arm Thursday.
The police department was conducting firearm training exercises at the department shooting range when the incident happened, according to a department news release.
North View medical personnel responded to the scene, and Warren was taken to Ogden Regional Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening.
The exercises in which Warren was participating consist of several situations officers are likely to be confronted with in the line of duty, the release states. The exercises are supervised by two certified instructors.
The Weber County Attorney's Office has been asked to assist in the ongoing investigation of the incident, the release states.
Warren recently replaced Polo Afuvai as the department's chief after Afuvai retired in early May after 31 years on the force. Warren had previously held the rank of captain.
Copyright 2013 the Standard-Examiner
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court