Fla. sheriff denies racial profiling in marijuana arrests
In 2010, Florida had the third-highest number of arrests of blacks for marijuana possession in the nation: 26,711, behind New York and Illinois
By John Lantigua
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
In Palm Beach County, blacks per capita are arrested for marijuana possession nearly five times the rate of whites, according to a recent survey by the ACLU.
Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw and West Palm Beach NAACP President Lia Gaines have markedly different responses.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation