Senator pushes for NYPD's Kelly to lead DHS
The agency's leader "needs to be someone who knows law enforcement, understands anti-terrorism efforts, and is a top-notch administrator"
By Geoff Earle
The New York Post
WASHINGTON — Janet Napolitano is leaving her job as head of Homeland Security, and Sen. Charles Schumer is pushing President Obama to replace her with NYPD boss Ray Kelly.
Napolitano, the former Arizona governor, is leaving to run the sprawling University of California system, the Obama administration announced yesterday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Senator pushes for NYPD's Kelly to lead DHS
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help