N.C. city taps 25-year-veteran to lead PD
Maj. Ralph Norton, succeeds Rickey Wilson, who retired after a little more than four years as the city's top cop
By Chip Womick
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Maj. Ralph Norton, a 25-year-veteran of the force, will be sworn in as the city's police chief on Thursday, Aug. 1.
The 4 p.m. ceremony, which will be open to the public, will be held at the city's Public Works Department at 1312 N. Fayetteville St. A reception will follow.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. city taps 25-year-veteran to lead PD
- Job Listings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house