Video: Controversial Pa. police chief targets enemies
Gilberton Police Chief Mark Kessler is at it again, this time naming his shooting targets after council members
By John Luciew
GILBERTON, Pa. — Gilberton Police Chief Mark Kessler has posted another online shooting video. The newest video shows Kessler shooting at a scowling clown target he calls “Eric.” The Vice-President of the Gilberton Borough Council is named Eric Boxer. Kessler has repeatedly blamed Boxer for instigating his suspension, according to published reports.
Before shooting the “Eric” target with an AK-47 containing a 40-round banana magazine, Kessler talks about being suspended from his post by the council and describes “Eric” as a "libtard" and a "tyrant." Kessler shows another target in the video (around 4:50 minutes in) and calls that target “Danny.” The President of the Borough Council is named Daniel Malloy.
“Kessler is a ticking time bomb who must be removed from his position immediately,” said Michael Morrill, executive director of Keystone Progress, a statewide progressive group that has circulated a petition calling for Kessler's ouster.
- Media Relations
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman