Video: Bicyclists defy NH police chief in roadway
The chief has warned them before to stagger their groups so that cars would not have to drive into the oncoming lane
By Michael Rosenfield
RYE, NH — A pack of bicyclists racing down Ocean Boulevard in Rye, New Hampshire raced right past Rye Police Chief Kevin Walsh who was telling them to stop.
Video of the incident was apparently taken by one of the bicyclists and uploaded to YouTube. On state roads, Walsh says two cyclists can ride side by side and then single file when traffic is coming, but says this group was up to five across.
After the cyclists passed by and did not stop, the chief says he got into his cruiser, drove four miles to catch up with them, and then a confrontation took place.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house