Video: Philly transit cop attacked, no one helps
Bystanders stood by filming rather than call for help when a transit cop was beat up by a fare jumper
By Stephanie Esposito
My Fox Philly
NORTH PHILADELPHIA — A SEPTA transit cop struggles with an alleged fare jumper, and it was all caught on camera. It happened at the Cecil B. Moore station near Temple University.
Police said the suspect, Ernest Hays, was avoiding arrest and threw SEPTA police officer Samuel Washington on the ground and then pinned him under a bench.
Officials said he was wanted in connection with a SEPTA ticket scam when Officer Washington stopped him. The chief said not a single SEPTA passenger called for help but this lady did take out her phone to record the fight.
Full Story: SEPTA Cop Struggles With Alleged Fare Jumper
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help