Texas chief dies after falling from ladder
Steven Flemming, 44, succumbed to his injuries a week after the accident
Duty Death: Steven Flemming - [Gainesville, Texas]
End of Service: 11/01/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
GAINSEVILLE, Texas — Gainesville’s chief of police died Friday stemming from injuries he sustained at the police department a week earlier.
Steven Flemming, 44, fell off a ladder in the evidence building on October 25, according to KXII.
Fleming served the Gainesville Police department for 22 years. He was promoted to chief in 2008.
"He truly had a heart for public service," Gainesville City Manager Barry Sullivan said. "The biggest impact, it was the integrity factor. Things were black and white. If there was an issue he would address it directly.”
Flemming leaves behind a wife and a daughter.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help