Be mindful of who's on the inside
A PoliceOne Member offers the reminder that you’ve got to keep tabs on the people inside the castle walls as much as you watch those who are on the outside.
"My tip is: know who is around you. I’m sure every department has a custodian or janitor that cleans and maintains the building. I work for a state agency that provides security to all the state courts and I recently had to investigate an alleged assault on one of our contract cleaners by her husband — the assault had occurred at the courthouse. During the investigation it was learned that the husband was MS-13. I notified the powers that be of this and nothing was done. A month later she was caught with LE only documents in her apron. She was also inquiring about certain LEOs. As a result someone finally earned their money and had her fired after I removed her from the courthouse. Cleaners tend to blend into the background. If they are given access to sensitive areas, are they being escorted in and out by LE? Background checks on them and their family should be extensive. BE SAFE!"
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms