Ind. boy raises over $10K for body armor in honor of fallen cop
At just 8-years-old, Jacen Troxell has the desire to protect and serve
By Tanae Howard
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — At just 8-years-old, Jacen Troxell has the desire to protect and serve.
Jacen’s father is an IMPD detective. Andrew Troxell says fallen IMPD Officer Perry Renn took him under his wing nine years ago when he joined the force. The news of his death hit the family hard.
Jacen wanted to do something to help protect officers against assault rifles like the one that went through Officer Renn’s bullet proof vest.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic