Mass. man steals officer's gun, shoots him in leg
LOWELL, Mass.- A Lowell man was ordered held on high bail Thursday after his arraignment on several charges stemming from a robbery and police chase.
NewsCenter 5's Jack Harper reported that Tewksbury police Officer Brian O'Neill was shot in the leg by his own gun Wednesday during the arrest of Joseph Croteau, 29.
Croteau was arraigned in Lowell District Court on various charges including unarmed robbery and armed assault with intent to murder Thursday...
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help