4 N.J. officers injured in ''mob uprising''
The Jersey Journal
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Apropos of the words "Bullet Town" scrawled on a stone wall in the courtyard of the Booker T. Washington Housing Complex in Jersey City, a wild series of events at the complex on Thursday resulted in at least seven arrests, four police officers injured and an uprising against the Jersey City police.
"The string of incidents began in Jersey City Heights, after Ryan Harris was accused by his girlfriend of hitting her and taking her money, police spokesman Lt. Edgar Martinez said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 4 N.J. officers injured in ''mob uprising''
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds