Suspect overpowers, disarms Md. state trooper
By Gus G. Sentementes and Nick Madigan
The Baltimore Sun
Despite training, officers sometimes lose guns
LAUREL, Md. — A man who police said overpowered a Maryland State trooper at a Laurel hospital and escaped with her gun early this morning was captured hours later after a citizen spotted him walking down a road, authorities said.
Maryland State Police spokesman Gregory M. Shipley said after getting the tip police surrounded a shed on Contee Road near U.S. 1 and arrested the man without incident. He was taken back to the same hospital from which he had escaped, Laurel Regional Hospital, for treatment.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suspect overpowers, disarms Md. state trooper
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms