Pa. officer narrowly avoids fatal gunshot
Sgt. Robert Ralston pushed the gun away from his head just in time
PHILADELPHIA — A police sergeant was shot in the shoulder this morning when he knocked away a gun pointed to his head by a man in West Philadelphia, authorities say.
Sgt. Robert Ralston, 46, who fired back after he was wounded, was treated at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for a graze wound and released.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. officer narrowly avoids fatal gunshot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police