Video may suggest Wash. cop was hate crime victim
New evidence has come forth in the case of a Seattle officer accused of stomping on a man outside a bar
SEATTLE — New video, audio and evidence photos in the case of a Seattle police officer accused of stomping on a man outside a Ballard bar suggest the officer may be a victim of a racially motivated hate crime, according to his attorney.
The evidence was uncovered by KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Amy Clancy, who sought the video for months after a police source told her that what happened that night might have been racially motivated and that it was all captured on video tape.
"There was a black man harassing a white girl."
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house