Video may suggest Wash. cop was hate crime victim
New evidence has come forth in the case of a Seattle officer accused of stomping on a man outside a bar
SEATTLE — New video, audio and evidence photos in the case of a Seattle police officer accused of stomping on a man outside a Ballard bar suggest the officer may be a victim of a racially motivated hate crime, according to his attorney.
The evidence was uncovered by KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Amy Clancy, who sought the video for months after a police source told her that what happened that night might have been racially motivated and that it was all captured on video tape.
"There was a black man harassing a white girl."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help