Watch the reverse headbutt
Remaining cognizant of your proximity to a suspect’s head when you’re standing in front of him (or her!) is obviously extremely important. Monitoring his level of ability to deliver a forward-thrusting headbutt is something which tends to be a regular part of tactical training.
Remember also, though, that it’s just as important to remain aware of your positioning when standing behind a suspect in regard to his ability to deliver a backwards-thrusting headbutt as well.
When standing behind a suspect, be sure you’re far enough away from the back of his head to avoid being smashed in the face should he suddenly thrust his head backwards. Also, be sure to practice countering takedown techniques that can be immediately utilized should he become combative like that while you’re behind that violator.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house