Ky. police use new tool to find missing children
Unlike Amber Alert, police can utilize the system anytime they believe a child is in danger
By Leigh Ann Tipton
Messenger-Inquirer, Owensboro, Ky.
OWENSBORO, Ky. — The Greenville Police Department has a new tool to help find missing children, college students and elderly people.
"A Child Is Missing" is similar to reverse 911. When a report comes in that a child or adult has wandered off or is missing, a description of the missing person is called into the alert system based in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ky. police use new tool to find missing children
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform