911 and cellphones: patching a risky gap
By Jennifer Sullivan
The Seattle Times
KING COUNTY, Wash. — Precious minutes are being lost when land lines aren't used and dispatchers can't pinpoint the caller's location. Call centers are upgrading technology to fix that.
Because the woman was unfamiliar with the area and called from a cellphone, it would have taken dispatchers precious minutes to figure out where to send help.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman