Tenn. gears up to use Internet to improve 911 calls
By Don Jacobs,
The Knoxville News-Sentinel
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The Internet will change the way you call 911, and Tennessee is poised to be one of the first states to exploit the technology.
Already, thousands of Tennesseans have rejected telephones in favor of computers that offer Voice Over Internet protocol. But that's just the tip of the technological iceberg designated as Next Generation-911.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house