Arlington, Texas, warns tourists with 'high crime location' sign
The Associated Press
Arlington, Texas- Tourists in one Texas town may encounter an unusual sign: a flashing message that reads "high crime location."
But the motel owners are upset. They say the large sign is driving business away. One man says days go by without him renting a single room. Police say the sign stays until crime goes down.
The three motels are a couple of miles from several amusement parks, the Rangers baseball stadium and the future stadium of the Dallas Cowboys.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms