Arlington, Texas, warns tourists with 'high crime location' sign
The Associated Press
Arlington, Texas- Tourists in one Texas town may encounter an unusual sign: a flashing message that reads "high crime location."
But the motel owners are upset. They say the large sign is driving business away. One man says days go by without him renting a single room. Police say the sign stays until crime goes down.
The three motels are a couple of miles from several amusement parks, the Rangers baseball stadium and the future stadium of the Dallas Cowboys.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend