N.M. officer in fatal crash had no radio communication
The failure prevented Rio Rancho police officers from communicating with APD units commanding the escort.
By T.J. Wilham
The Albuquerque Journal
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A Rio Rancho police officer who died in a motorcycle crash during President Bush's motorcade Monday did not have radio contact with the officers commanding the escort.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy