Dallas dispatch system goes offline for 30 mins
By Tanya Eiserer
The Dallas Morning News
Related: Dallas first responders struggle with new dispatch system
DALLAS — Dallas' new $6.5 million dispatch system went offline for at least 30 minutes Thursday morning, forcing police to revert to an old-fashioned method of sending police and firefighters to emergency calls.
"It was human error," said Worris Levine, head of the city's communications and information services department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Dallas dispatch system goes offline for 30 mins
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy