NYPD hopes efforts to place cameras on streets deters criminals
BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA. STAFF WRITER
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
It's a common law-enforcement lament: There's not enough money to put a cop on every corner. More and more, however, there's a camera everywhere you look, a one-eyed crimefighter that is changing the way police solve cases.
On any given day, the New York Police Department turns to the media for help, releasing surveillance video or pictures taken from surveillance video of suspected thieves and killers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman