Mich. city wireless network delayed
Local broadband service expected to be in place next year
Grand Rapid Press (Michigan)
GRAND RAPIDS — The dream of a citywide broadband wireless network is not dead, it's just behind schedule, a city official said Monday.
In December, Clearwire Corp. said it hoped to have a local network up and running in 2007. City officials now say they expect Clearwire to begin offering service sometime in the first half of 2008.
Clearwire, the Kirkland, Wash.-based company that signed a contract to blanket the city with a high-speed wireless network, is making progress, said Sally Wesorick, wireless project manager for the city.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mich. city wireless network delayed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house