NYPD builds fail-safe communication network
By Murray Weiss and David Seifman
The New York Post
NEW YORK — The NYPD is spending millions of dollars on a fail-safe satellite communication network in the event land line and cellular services are knocked out by a disaster.
And officials aren't talking about a terrorist attack - but fallout from a crippling natural disaster like Hurricane Katrina.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD builds fail-safe communication network
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy