Ark. gets funding for more officers, high-tech equipment
By Matthew S.L. Cate
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Opening up another batch of recovery cash, the federal government has offered Arkansas nearly $14 million to help buy new gear, hire more police officers, and, just maybe, put a new robot in the state Crime Laboratory.
The payout, announced by the Department of Justice on Thursday, is just one piece of the roughly $4 billion in crimefighting cash to come from the stimulus program.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help