Ark. gets funding for more officers, high-tech equipment
By Matthew S.L. Cate
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Opening up another batch of recovery cash, the federal government has offered Arkansas nearly $14 million to help buy new gear, hire more police officers, and, just maybe, put a new robot in the state Crime Laboratory.
The payout, announced by the Department of Justice on Thursday, is just one piece of the roughly $4 billion in crimefighting cash to come from the stimulus program.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman