Dispatcher reported 'no guns' before officer shooting
The operator reported that there were no guns in the house, but the suspect was armed
By Andria Simmons
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — A Gwinnett County 911 operator was suspended one day for recording incorrect information in a July incident that escalated into the officer-related shooting deaths of two women.
Phil Raines, a seven-year employee, forfeited a day of paid vacation in April to satisfy the suspension, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds