iPhone app will help identify suspects instantly
By PoliceOne Staff
A statewide database is being developed in Mass. that could revolutionize the way cops identify suspects and check their records. The system is called MORIS (Mobile Offender Recognition and Identification System), and it allows officers to gather records by simply taking a suspect’s photo. Within seconds, the app sifts through a database in search of the suspect’s records, using only the unique features of the face, like the iris of the eyes. If the suspect’s photo is in the database, his/her information can be pulled up instantly.
Click the video below to see the device in action.
- Police Community
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy