Ohio dispatchers seek pay increase
Franklin County Sheriff's dispatchers all are presently paid a $17.96 hourly rate
By Elizabeth Gibson
The Columbus Dispatch
Contract negotiations for the dispatchers at the Franklin County sheriff's office are in limbo, in part because of questions related to Senate Bill 5, the proposed overhaul of rules for public employees and unions.
Workers wanted to restructure the pay scale to create step increases based on each employee's experience, but a state fact-finder disagreed, according to a report released by the State Employment Relations Board. He also took the county's side on health-care premiums.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio dispatchers seek pay increase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms