Spanish police website hit by cyber attack
Hacker group called Anonymous targets Spanish police
Times of Oman
SPAIN — Access to the website of Spain's national police force was blocked for over an hour late on Saturday in a reprisal attack by the hackers group Anonymous, the newspaper El Mundo said on its website Sunday.
El Mundo said the group had warned police in a statement that it planned to disable the website at some time Saturday. The website was down for at least an hour from 2130 GMT, the paper said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Spanish police website hit by cyber attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds