Spanish police website hit by cyber attack
Hacker group called Anonymous targets Spanish police
Times of Oman
SPAIN — Access to the website of Spain's national police force was blocked for over an hour late on Saturday in a reprisal attack by the hackers group Anonymous, the newspaper El Mundo said on its website Sunday.
El Mundo said the group had warned police in a statement that it planned to disable the website at some time Saturday. The website was down for at least an hour from 2130 GMT, the paper said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Spanish police website hit by cyber attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform