Facebook tip prevented Pa. man’s suicide
A friend in Calif. saw a distraught post and alerted Pa. cops
By PoliceOne Staff
UNIONTOWN, Pa. — Police were able to prevent a suicide thanks to a concerned friend who alerted authorities after reading a Facebook post.
A southern Pennsylvania man had put a message on the social networking site that said he was “going to end it all,” which prompted a friend from Stanford, Calif. to call Uniontown police, Fox News reported.
The suicidal man told police he wanted to kill himself, either by hanging or by drug overdose.
Neither man has been identified, but they reportedly met while performing missionary work together a few years ago.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms