FBI app helps ID missing kids
The iPhone, iPad app makes it possible for parents to quickly email police
The Columbus Dispatch
The FBI introduced a smartphone application this month to help parents and law-enforcement agencies find a child who disappears.
The application stores basic information — photo, a physical description and contact information — on iPhones and iPads, making it possible for parents to quickly email that information to police, friends and relatives in an emergency.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI app helps ID missing kids
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help