Law enforcement learns to ‘like’ Facebook
Forays into social media manage to nab criminals in unexpected ways
By Kirk Brown
ANDERSON, S.C. — A growing number of law enforcement agencies, including the sheriff's offices in Anderson and Pickens counties, are creating Facebook pages to enlist the public's help to solve crimes.
"It's the wave of the now," said Chad McBride, spokesman for the Anderson County Sheriff's Office, which created its second Facebook page last month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Law enforcement learns to ‘like’ Facebook
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help