Letter: Tell dispatchers you appreciate them
April 8-14 is designated as National Telecommunicator Week
Chicago Daily Herald
I am writing this letter as an announcement regarding an important group of professionals who work out of the public view alongside police and fire departments. These are the people who dispatch your police, fire and emergency medical services. They are responsible for answering your calls and sending help when needed.
Emergency telecommunications specialists are trained to provide life-sustaining instructions such as childbirth, CPR and Heimlich instructions while at the same time dispatching emergency personnel to help. They work 24/7 to ensure the health and safety of the citizens in the communities they serve. They perform their duties with passion, dedication and commitment.
Now is the time of the year to honor these professionals. April 8-14 is designated as National Telecommunicator Week. Please take some time to honor these individuals by thinking of all the behind the scenes work they do.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Letter: Tell dispatchers you appreciate them
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman