'Amazing' 4-year-old calmly dials 911 to get mom help
Mother suffers from lupus and fell to the floor in a bout of pain
By Denise Crosby
CHICAGO — Jill Schmidt, an emergency dispatcher who has worked at the Aurora Police Department for 24 years, said she had "never seen anything like it."
She took a 911 call Sunday afternoon and heard a youngster calmly say: "My mom needs help."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy