'Amazing' 4-year-old calmly dials 911 to get mom help
Mother suffers from lupus and fell to the floor in a bout of pain
By Denise Crosby
CHICAGO — Jill Schmidt, an emergency dispatcher who has worked at the Aurora Police Department for 24 years, said she had "never seen anything like it."
She took a 911 call Sunday afternoon and heard a youngster calmly say: "My mom needs help."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help